Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 10
These are a side dish that goes with almost all Indian food.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour,
- 1 cup all-purpose flour,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil,
- 3/4 cup hot water or as needed
- STEP 1In a large bowl, stir together the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour and salt.
- STEP 2Use a wooden spoon to stir in the olive oil and enough water to make a soft dough that is elastic but not sticky.
- STEP 3Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth. Divide into 10 parts, or less if you want bigger breads. Roll each piece into a ball. Let rest for a few minutes.
- STEP 4Heat a frying pan over medium heat until hot, and grease lightly
- STEP 5n a lightly floured surface, use a floured rolling pin to roll out the balls of dough until very thin like a tortilla.
- STEP 6When the pan starts smoking, put a chapati on it. Cook until the underside has brown spots, about 30 seconds, then flip and cook on the other side.