Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
BBQ BRISKET OF BEEF
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus at least 2 hours marinating time
- Serves 6
A great budget recipe for barbecues using brisket of beef
- 1.25 kg brisket of beef (allow 200g per person)
MARINADE - one tsp of each of the following:
- smoked paprika
- ordinary paprika
- dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- STEP 1Unroll the brisket. Begin by dry rubbing the brisket with the spices. Do this the night before if you have time or at least two hours beforehand.
- STEP 2Place the (unrolled) brisket on a bed of chopped onions and pour in a small cup of water. Cover with a lid or foil and place in the oven.
- STEP 3SLOW cook the brisket for around 3.5 hours at 140ºC. Remove lid/foil and turn the oven up to around 180ºC.
- STEP 4You could add potatoes at this stage.
- STEP 5Cook the meat for a further half and hour then remove from the oven. Let it rest while the potatoes continue to cook until nice and crisp. Serve with sweetcorn and salad or beans and coleslaw.