Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Stuffed bean pepper
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
looks great when we use diff color peppers. Its light and filling. And quick too.
- 4 whole pepper(diff colors look great)
- 3/4 cup black beans any beans (from tin or fresh) if fresh soaked over night and boiled
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup mixed grated cheeses
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- 5-6 pieces of mushroom finely chopped
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- STEP 1Wash the peppers. Wipe and half them lengthwise keeping the stalk intact. Remove the seeds.Preheat the oven to 200 degree Celsius
- STEP 2In a pan heat the oil. When hot add the sliced garlic. Saute for a minute. Add the mushrooms and saute for another minute. switch off the gas and add the beans ,rice,salt pepper,lemon juice and grated cheese.
- STEP 3Spoon the mixture in the peppers and place the in baking pan. Bake the peppers for 15-20 minutes
- STEP 4serve with garlic bread and sour cream