rum and chocolate trifle
Member recipe by chefrey
A delicious treat ant time of the year but i reserve them for christmas
- 4 doble choc muffins
- 3 tbspn dark rum
- 1 pkt orange jelly
- 1 pint of double cream
- 1 bar of high cocoa dark chocolate
- 4 tbspns of custard powder
- 4 tbspns of sugar
- 2 tbspns cocoa powder
- 1 tin of mandarin oranges
- 1 chocolate orange
- 1 pint semi skimmed milk
- break chocolate into squares and melt in microwave for 3 to 4 minutes
- heat half of the double cream untill not quite boiling and combine with melted chocolate. allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- pour cream and chocolate into the bottom of a trifle bowl and break 2 of the muffins over the top.
- pour the rum over the muffins. make orange jelly and allow to almost set in fridge
- Add the orange jelly to trifle bowl . using a little milk combine sugar cocoa and custard powder.
- Put remaining milk on to heat , just befor boiling add to combined powder and stir vigorously before returning to heat to thicken. Allow to cool.
- When cool , break remaining muffins and add to custard. Pour over jelly.
- Whisk remaining cream untill thick and swirl over custard and add mandarins and chocolate orange for decoration