Apricot and almond danishes
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 8 danishes
Quick and easy
- 500g ready to roll puff pastry
- 250g golden marzipan
- 50g flaked almonds
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- <150g dried apricots
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5/170C fan.
- STEP 2Roll out pastry to 5mm thickness. Cut pastry into 8 rectangles 12cm by 7cm - I prefer to make more smaller ones.
- STEP 3Roll out marzipan to 3mm thickness. Cut marzipan into rectangles 10cm by 5cm or slightly smaller than the pastry rectangles. Place each marzipan rectangle onto a pastry rectangle.
- STEP 4Top with chopped up dried apricots, glaze with beaten egg and sprinkle on the flaked almonds.
- STEP 5Place on a large, lightly greased baking tray with small spaces between each pastry, and bake in the centre of the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.