Walnut and Cinnamon Scones
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Cakes
A simple and quick recipe, using walnut and cinnamon for an enhanced flavour.
- . 500g flour
- . 125g sugar
- . 1 tbsp baking powder/soda
- . 175g butter
- . 20g salt
- . Egg
- . 400ml golden syrup
- . 100ml milk (preferably butter milk)
- . 1 tsp water
- . 100 - 200g crushed walnuts
- . 1 pinch of cinnamon
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
- STEP 2Take a mixing bowl and put the Flour, Sugar, Baking powder, butter and the salt and mix until it resembles a crumbly texture.
- STEP 3Secondly add your crushed walnuts and cinnamon and mix contently.
- STEP 4Then add your syrup, milk and water in constantly mixin until a doughy mixture is resembled.
- STEP 5Roll out and evenly cut equal cirles and place on a well greased baking tray approximately 3.5cm apart.
- STEP 6Whisk one egg repeatedly and paste the scones ... this is to give the scones a glaze whilst they cook
- STEP 7sprinkle sugar over your scones
- STEP 8And finally place on the middle shelf and leave for 20 - 25 minutes untill golden brown.
- STEP 9Enjoy !