Smoky Sausage & Bean Stew
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A rich hearty stew, serve with crusty bread.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 pork sausages
- 75g chorizo, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 150g chicken stock
- 400g can butter beans, drained
- 100g frozen peas
- Freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a nonstick frying pan and cook the sausages for 6-8 mins, turning regularly, until browned on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- STEP 2Add the chorizo to the pan and cook for 2 mins. Add the garlic and the smoked paprika and cook for a further 3 mins. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock, and season with freshly ground black pepper. Bring to a simmer.
- STEP 3Add the sausages to the pan and continue to cook for a further 10-12 mins. Stir through the butter beans and peas. Cook for another 2 mins, then serve in bowls.