Lamb Koftes and Two Dips
Member recipe by chef1697
- 1 pack of lamb mince
- A handful of fresh mint chopped finely/1 heaped tablespoon Dried mint
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 1 heaped teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 level half teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 chilli de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1-2 garlic cloves crushed
- 6 Pita breads
- a tub of Greek yoghurt
- ½ a cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 Garlic clove crushed or minced
- A handful of fresh mint chopped coarsely
- Sweet Chilli Sauce:
- 1 chilli, de-seeded and chopped finely
- 1 Garlic clove, peeled and chopped finely
- 3oz or 75g Caster or granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon malt vinegar
- ¼ of a pint or 100ml of water
- First we start with the Lamb Koftas (spicy lamb burgers) Start by preheating the oven to 180ÃÂ°C or equivalent of.
- Next line 1 large baking sheet with foil and drizzle with some olive oil.
- Now add all the ingredients for the Koftes to a bowl and mix thoroughly, to save time you could use a food mixer or food processer.
- After that shape your Koftes into patties and place on the baking sheet before placing in the oven for about 20minutes or until cooked thoroughly.
- For the chilli sauce Put all of the ingredients into a small saucepan and turn the heat on moderate-high and reduce by half.
- Then pour into a jug and allow to cool and set before pouring into little ramekins or any other container that is suitable
- Next we are going to start on the Tzatziki which is a kind of Greek dip made of yoghurt, mint and cucumber. Add all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix together, cover with cling film and put aside in the fridge.
- Serve the Koftes in pitta breads with a little lettuce and the two dips