Carrot and Ginger Soup (Slow Cooker)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
- 1large Onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 600g carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red lentils, well rinced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 2 cups of vegetable broth (2 stock cubes to 2 cups of water)
- STEP 1Peel and chop the carrots - don't worry too much about how you chop them, we are going to blend the soup later.
- STEP 2Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and pour in the boiling water and broth.
- STEP 3Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours, or high for 4 to 5 hours.
- STEP 4Use a hand held blender to blend to soup to the consistency that you like.
- STEP 5Serve hot with greens if desired or a nice piece of bread.