Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pecan Nut Tarts
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Allow time for the nuts to rise to the surface, and if you make your own pastry allow chilling time.
- Makes Tartlets
These gorgeous, melt in the mouth tartlets are an elegant dinner party dessert.
- 450g shortcrust pastry
- 175g / 1 cup pecan nuts (halfed)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 25g butter (melted)
- 275g golden syrup
- 1/2 tspn vanilla essence
- 115g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180°c/350°c/gasmark4.
- STEP 2Roll out the pastry and use to line 6, 10cm/4in tartlet tins.
- STEP 3Divide the pecan nut halfs between the pastry cases.
- STEP 4Combine the eggs with the butter and add the golden syrup and vanilla essence
- STEP 5Sift over the caster sugar and flour, and carefully blend.
- STEP 6Fill the pastry cases with the mixture and leave until the the nuts rise to the surface.
- STEP 7Bake for 35 -40 minutes until a skewer comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes before turning onto a wire rack.
- STEP 8Enjoy :)