Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
The perfect tomato-based baked eggs to share with your family and friends. To much cheese is never enough to delight your loved ones. Our Italian Eggs are perfect for sharing.
- 8 eggs
- 100 gr onion, brunoise
- 20 gr garlic, chopped
- 600 gr tomato sauce
- basil leaves
- Olive oil
- STEP 1Preheat your oven at 180ºC.
- STEP 2In a saucepan, sautee the onion and the garlic, once they are golden brown add the Pomodoro to warm it up.
- STEP 3In a baking oven tray (a pretty one would help) place the warm Pomodoro sauce and break down the eggs add salt and pepper
- STEP 4Cover with grated mozzarella cheese, do not cover the yolks so you can see how cooked your eggs are.
- STEP 5Bake for 10 minutes. Serve with basil leaves and your favorite bread