- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 40 minutes plus 3 hours chilling
- Makes Squares
Fruity, biscuity, chocolatey treat just melts in your mouth!
- 175g Unsalted butter
- 115g Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 115g Mixed dried fruit
- 75g Glace cherries
- 225g Digestive biscuits
- 115g Milk chocolate
- STEP 1Break the biscuits into smallish pieces and wash the cherries of their sticky coating, dry them and chop each one in half. Lightly grease and line a 20-23cm square tin with foil.
- STEP 2In a large saucepan melt the butter, sugar and cocoa powder together until the sugar has dissolved. Then take off the heat and stir in the mixed fruit, cherries and broken biscuits until all ingredients are fully combined.
- STEP 3Pour the biscuit mixture into the prepared tin and spread out into an even layer using the back of the spoon making sure you get the mixture into the corners.
- STEP 4Once evenly spread, chill in the fridge for 2 hours or until completely set.
- STEP 5Once the biscuit mixture has hardened, melt the chocolate either over some boiling water or in the microwave and pour over the set mixture. Again, spreading into and even layer and make sure you fill the corners. Put back in to the fridge for a further hours or so until the chocolate has set.
- STEP 6Once completely set, carefully cut into 12-16 squares, depending on how big you want the pieces and enjoy!