"Smart for Life" Sauteed Kale
Member recipe by adrianadesouza
- 2 bunches kale
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or cooking spray
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbs. lemon juice substitute
- Rinse kale well in a large bowl of cold water.
- Drain and cut off the tough stems.
- Cut leaves into 1/4-inch strips.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the oil over moderately high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add half of the greens and cook stirring, for about 1 minute, until they begin to wilt
- Add the remaining greens and cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes, until the greens darken slightly and are fairly tender
- Season with the salt, pepper and lemon juice substitute.