Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Real Pad Thai
- Preparation and cooking time
- Soak rice noodles for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Serves 4
Classic simple Pad Thai recipe from Thailand itself.
- 500g chicken breast, sliced
- 200g rice noodles
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp sugar or honey
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 100g bean sprouts
- 180ml fish sauce
- 1 tsp red chilli
- 2 tbsp tamarind sauce
- 1 lime
- 4 tbsp crushed peanuts
- STEP 1Soak the rice noodles in a bowl of water at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- STEP 2Heat wok and add 2 tbsp sunflower oil. Add chicken and stir fry over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes.
- STEP 3Add eggs and stir fry to break yokes. Before eggs are fully cooked, add the noodles and sugar, and combine. Continue to stir fry until noodles wilt.
- STEP 4Add the tamarind and fish sauce. Then add bean sprouts, spring onions and red chilli. Stir fry vigorously.
- STEP 5Serve with sprinkling of peanuts, and quarter of lime to squeeze.