- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
A classic flapjack recipe with a delicious Christmas twist.
- 175g butter
- 175g dark brown soft sugar
- 225g porridge oats
- 100g mincemeat
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180C / 160C fan / gas 4 and grease a 23cm x 23cm baking tin.
- STEP 2Melt the butter in a large saucepan over a low heat.
- STEP 3Add the sugar and stir until dissolved then remove from the heat.
- STEP 4Add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- STEP 5Turn into the prepared baking tin, level off with the back of a spoon and bake for 25 minutes.
- STEP 6Remove from oven and leave to cool for 10 minutes. Mark into squares without cutting through to the bottom. Turn out onto a wire rack to finish cooling.