Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Choice Avocado Quesadilla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Allow extra time if adding chicken.
- Serves 4
Light meal perfect for a quick lunch or supper.
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and stoned
- 1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- salt and pepper
- 100g Pilgrims Lighter Choice Mature
- 4 tortilla wraps
- a little sunflower oil to brush
- STEP 1Mash the avocado with the lime juice. Stir in the tomato, chilli, spring onion and mix, then season to taste. Place two tortillas on a board then leaving a 1cm border clear around the edges, spread the avocado over the tortillas then scatter over the cheese
- STEP 2Brush the edges with water then place the remaining tortilla on top. Press to seal the edges. Preheat a frying pan. Brush both sides of the quesadilla with a little oil, then cook them in the hot pan for 3-4 mins on each side until they are crisp and golden
- STEP 3Transfer to a board and cut each into 6-8 pieces, divide between four plates and serve with a salad garnish