Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Langoustine & Squid
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
Transport your dining experience to Southeast Asia with Chang's very own authentic Thai recipe to create a Chang Tempura of Langoustine and Squid
- 8 langoustines (shells removed from tails and deveined)
- 4 small squid (gutted and cleaned)
- 2 leeks
- 2 sheets of nori
- 1 garlic bulb
- 150g self raising flour
- 150g rice flour
- 50g corn flour
- ÃÂ½ tsp. baking soda
- Sea salt
- 200-250ml Chang Beer
- STEP 1Sieve the corn flour and flour into into a bowl and mix in the baking soda and salt
- STEP 2Stir in the Chang Beer, the batter should be thin, almost broth like. If it seems to thick add more Chang Beer.
- STEP 3Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or deep fat fryer
- STEP 4Dip the langoustines and squid into the batter and fry for about 2 minutes, until crisp and golden. Transfer to a baking tray, lined with absorbent, paper and keep warm.