EASY BANANA AND APPLE CAKE
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Nice and easy way to use up old apples and banana. Add some walnuts and / or sultanas for alternative variations of the basic recipe.
- 150g light Muscovado sugar
- 85g butter, softened
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4 medium-sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 apple, grated
- 250g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 900g/2lb loaf tin.
- STEP 2Cream together the sugar and butter and then gradually beat in the eggs
- STEP 3Stir in the mashed bananas and apple and sieve in the flour, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- STEP 4Once well mixed, tip into the loaf tin and bake for 60 mins. If it starts to go too dark on top then cover with foil and keep checking the with a knife that it comes out clean to see if it’s cooked.
- STEP 5Once cooked, remove to a wire wrack and cool in the tin for 20-30 mins. Remove from the tin onto the rack and finish cooling completely before dusting with icing sugar.