Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Cheesy chard gratin
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Delicious side dish that would go well with roast chicken
- Bunch of chard about 350g/111/2oz
- 150ml/1/4pt double cream
- 1tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 140g/5oz gruyere coarsely grated
- Butter for greasing
- 2tbsp finely grated Parmesan
- STEP 1Heat oven to 200c/180cfan/gas6. Strip the chard leaves from the stalks.then cut the stalks into sticks.Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook the stalks for 3-4 mins until starting to soften.then throw in the leaves for a few moments too so that they just wilt drain well
- STEP 2Mix the cream with the mustard then toss through the chard with most of the gruyere.grease a medium gratin dish spread the chard mix over,then scatter with the remaining gruyere and the Parmesan.Bake for 30mins until bubbling and golden.Serve straight from the dish .