Garlic baked Scallops
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Perfect dish for either starter or main course
- • 20 sea scallops, rinsed and drained
- • 75g butter, melted
- • 5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- • 2 shallots, chopped
- • 3 pinches ground nutmeg
- • 110g breadcrumbs
- • 4 tablespoons olive oil
- • 4 tablespoons chopped parsley
- • salt and pepper to taste
- • lemon wedges for garnish
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 220 C / Gas 7.
- STEP 2Place scallops, melted butter, garlic and shallots in a bowl. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Transfer to a baking dish.
- STEP 3In a separate bowl, combine breadcrumbs and olive oil. Sprinkle on top of scallops.
- STEP 4Bake in preheated oven until breadcrumbs are brown and scallops are done, about 11 to 14 minutes. Top with parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.