Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 20 minutes chilling time, 30 minutes cooking time
- Serves 15
So simple! Just crumbled cake, melted chocolate and a touch of your own creative decoration. Go ahead and try it:)
For the cake pops:
- Lollipop sticks
- 360g ready-made cake (chocolate or plain)
- 100g melted white or milk chocolate
For the topping:
- 85g white or milk chocolate (you can also use candy melts)
- 1tsp of canola or vegetable oil
- Decorations (smarties, sprinkles, hundreds and thousands)
- STEP 1Crumble the cake with your hands. Do this by breaking the cake in half and rubbing them against each other. You can also use a food processor to do this.
- STEP 2Melt the chocolate in the microwave for 30 second intervals.
- STEP 3Combine the melted chocolate and cake crumbs together.
- STEP 4Next, start rolling the cake crumbs into cake balls. Do this by using a tablespoon.
- STEP 5Let them chill in the freezer for 15 minutes. You dont want them to be frozen. You just want to firm them up.
- STEP 6Take the cake balls out of the freezer. Start to melt your chocolate for the coating.
- STEP 7Dip your lollipop stick half an inch in the melted chocolate. Then push it in the cake ball, halfway up.
- STEP 8Place in the fridge for 5 minutes. Take them back out again and dip them in the melted chocolate until the cake pop is completely covered. Before dipping them into the melted chocolate, mix in 1tsp of canola or vegetable oil. This will make the melted chocolate more smoother and easier to coat the cake pop.
- STEP 9Decorate with sprinkles, etc. Place onto a styrofoam block and allow to chill.