Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 4
Jamie Oliver Veggie Enchiladas from Jamie Oliver Website
- 2 yellow or red peppers
- Corn on the cob
- Olive oil
- 1tin black beans
- ½ tsp cumin
- 6 spring onions
- 1 chili
- 1 bunch 30g coriander
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tin plum tomatoes
- 8 tortillas
- 70g cheese
- 40g feta
- STEP 1Method Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6. Place a griddle pan over a high heat to get smoking hot.
- STEP 2Halve and deseed the peppers, then add to the griddle with the corn. Grill for 8 to 10 minutes, or until charred and bar-marked, turning occasionally. Remove to a plate to cool.
- STEP 3Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Drain and add the black beans, stir in the cumin and fry for 4 to 5 minutes, or until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- STEP 4Once cooled, cut the corn kernels away from the cob and chop the peppers into 1.5cm chunks. Reserving 1 tablespoon of the corn, add to a large bowl with the peppers and black beans.
- STEP 5Trim, finely slice and add the spring onions, reserving a small handful to one side. Deseed, finely slice and add the chilli. Pick and add most of the coriander leaves, reserving the stalks.
- STEP 6Squeeze in the lime juice and season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- STEP 7Wipe the frying pan clean with kitchen paper, then return to a medium heat with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- STEP 8Peel and finely slice the garlic and finely slice the coriander stalks, then add to the pan for 1 minute.
- STEP 9Stir in the tomatoes and ½ a tin’s worth of hot water, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes, or until thickened and reduced.
- STEP 10Season to taste, carefully transfer to a liquidiser and blitz until smooth. Divide the vegetable mixture between 8 corn tortillas and roll them up. Line them up in a snug-fitting baking dish (roughly 20cm x 30cm), with the scruffy ends tucked underneath.
- STEP 11Pour over the tomato sauce, coarsely grate the Cheddar on top and crumble over the feta.
- STEP 12Drizzle with a little oil, then pop in the hot oven for 25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden. Serve scattered with the reserved corn, spring onion and coriander leaves. Delicious with a crisp green salad. Method