- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Storecupboard ingredients make this a really easy but delicious sauce that goes perfectly with meatballs.
- Large pack of meatballs (approx 24)
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 500ml passata
- 1tbsp mixed herbs
- 1tbsp balsamic vinegar
- STEP 1Fry your meatballs in a drizzle of olive oil for 5 minutes turning frequently.
- STEP 2Add onion for a further 5 minutes. Add garlic and herbs for final 1 minute, stirring regularly to avoid garlic catching.
- STEP 3Splash in balsamic vinegar and give everything a good stir to coat and then pour in passata. Leave to simmer for at least 20 minutes. Serve with spaghetti or or other favourite pasta and garlic bread.