- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12-15 scones
These tasty scones are fried rather than baked. They are quick and easy to make with a food processor.
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp mixed spice
- 2/3 cup sultanas
- 1 large egg
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- STEP 1Process flour, salt and butter in food processor.
- STEP 2Add sugar, mixed spice and sultanas; process again.
- STEP 3Add egg and milk, and process to make a stiff dough. Add more milk if needed.
- STEP 4Roll out (with flour as necessary) to 1 cm. Cut into rounds.
- STEP 5Fry with a little oil or butter, starting on a medium heat down to low, for around 5 minutes per side until golden brown.