Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Low calorie one - egg omelette
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 1
A simple one - egg omelette that delivers big on flavour but with half the calories!
- 10g yellow onion diced
- 1 large free range egg
- Salt and pepper
- 5 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 2 sprays of low calorie spray
- 1 slice of ham cut into squares
- STEP 1Break the egg into a bowl and beat slightly
- STEP 2Add the ham, tomatoes and onion to the egg mixture and mix
- STEP 3Season to taste
- STEP 4Spray a small frying pan with the low calories spray and put it onto the heat
- STEP 5Pre heat your oven grill to around 150 degrees C Fan/ Gas mark 2
- STEP 6Once the pan is heated add the egg mixture, there isn't usually any need to hold the centre of the omelette down to allow the raw egg mixture to spread to the sides as this omelette cooks rather quickly. Do not flip the omelette over!
- STEP 7Once the bottom of the omelette is suitably cooked, check just by lifting the sides of the omelette with a wooden spatula the omelette should be a golden brown colour, pop the frying pan into the oven
- STEP 8Leave the frying pan in the oven for around 5 minutes or until the top of the omelette has turned a slight golden colour.
- STEP 9Take the frying pan out of the oven and serve the omelette.