- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6-10 pancakes depending on size
Fluffy, yummy pancakes amazing with berries, butter, syrup, or just on there own.
- 250g Self-raising flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 50g melted butter
- A pinch of baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 275ml milk
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract (optional)
- STEP 1Place the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix with a whisk to make a well in the centre. Add the eggs into the centre and slowly whisk until a paste forms
- STEP 2Melt the butter in a pan and wait too cool. Once the paste forms add the milk in slowly, add the vanilla extract and the butter and whisk until smooth and lump free. If the mixture is not runny enough add milk and if the mixture is too runny add some more flour.
- STEP 3Use the pan you used for the butter. Get a ladle and pour a spoon or two depending on the size you want the pancakes into the pan. Cook until bubbles form on the uncooked side and fill over and leave until cooked.
- STEP 4Serve hot, with berries or butter or syrup (golden or maple) or just on there own.