Harissa lamb with orange and chickpea couscous
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
superhealthy, high in iron
- 120ml hot vegetable stock
- 75g couscous
- zest 1 orange
- 2 x 100g lean lamb leg steaks
- 2tsp harissa paste
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- 200g drained chickpeas from a can
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 1tsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp chopped mint
- STEP 1Pour the hot stock over the couscous in a large bowl. Stir in the orange zest then set aside for 10mins to swell the couscous.
- STEP 2Meanwhile heat a griddle pan or the grill. Run lamb steaks with the harissa then brush lightly with the oil. Cook for 3-4 mins per side.
- STEP 3Fluff up the couscous, then stir in the chickpeas, spring onions, coriander and mint. Seaon if you like. Cover the cooked lamb with foil and allow to rest for 2-3 mins. Serve the couscous topped with the lamb.