Chocolate Lava Cakes For 2
- Preparation and cooking time
- More effort
- Serves 2
Ever wanted to master the secret of the delicious chocolate lava cake you get in a restaurant, but been put of because it’s supposedly difficult. Here’s a quick, easy and mouth-wateringly tasty recipe.
- 1 Egg
- 35g of Butter plus extra to grease
- 35g of Chocolate ( the darker the richer ) chopped
- 52g of Light Brown Soft Sugar
- 1/4 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 18g of Plain Flour plus extra for greasing
- STEP 1Heat Oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6 Grease 2 ramekins moulds with butter, then add 1/2 tsp of flour to each, coat the ramekin in flour, then bang upside down on a surface.
- STEP 2Put 35g of Butter and 35g of chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a pan of hot water ( or alternatively put in a microwave for 30 second blasts until smooth ) and stir until smooth. Set aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- STEP 3After cooling, using an electric hand whisk, mix in 52g of Light brown soft sugar, then an egg, followed by 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract, and finally 18g of Flour. Whisk until a smooth, semi-thick consistency. Divide the mixture among the ramekins.
- STEP 4You can now either put them in the fridge of freezer, can be cooked from frozen for 16 minutes, or cook them now for 10-12 minuets. It is important you don’t open them before this time otherwise they will sink!