- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
Hot Caribbean curry packed with veg and spices
- Diced Chicken or chicken alternative (quorn)
- 3 potatoes chopped into cubes
- Baby carrots
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1tsp ginger
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 4tbsp Caribbean curry powder
- 1 Cup Stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 sprigs Of thyme
- Chopped baby corn
- Chopped long green beans
- STEP 1Heat the canola oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- STEP 2Add onions, garlic and ginger; cook, stirring for about 5 minutes. Add the curry powder, stir and continue to cook until the curry turns a dark golden colour (about 1 minute).
- STEP 3Add the curry powder, stir and continue to cook until the curry turns a dark golden colour (about 1 minute).
- STEP 4Add the chicken, salt and black pepper. Stir and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- STEP 5Add the potatoes, carrots, green beans, baby corn, scotch bonnet pepper, chicken broth, and coconut milk to the pot.
- STEP 6Cover the pot and cook the curry for about 35 minutes on low-medium heat or until the potatoes and carrots are softened to your liking.
- STEP 7Serve with rice and beans.