Celeriac and apple soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
- 25g butter
- 1 celeriac - peeled and chopped
- 3 dessert apples - peeled and chopped
- Cayenne pepper - pinch
- 1.2l Chicken or Veg stock
- STEP 1Melt the butter in a large pan. Cook peeled and chopped celeriac and apple over a medium heat for 5 mins until softened.
- STEP 2Add stock, cayenne pepper and seasoning and bring to the boil. Lower heat and leave to simmer for 25-30 mins until celeriac and apple are very soft.
- STEP 3Puree the mixture in a food processor until smooth. Reheat gently. Season to taste.