Keen kids cookies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 cookies
Easy and lovely cookies
- 110g unsalted butter (melted) - - -
- 150g caster sugar
- 85g light brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 egg (or a mashed banana)
- A pinch of salt
- 190g self raising flour
- 190g self raising flour (or plain flour with baking powder and/or soda bicarbonate)
- STEP 11. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Melt the butter in the microwave or a saucepan until just melted (but not hot).
- STEP 2Mix your sugars with the butter using a whisk or spoon. Add the egg and mix it in.
- STEP 3Add the flour and salt. Mix until a smooth dough forms - be careful not to overmix.
- STEP 4Add the chocolate buttons or cocoa 28g (or other filling) to the dough and combine with your hands.
- STEP 5Scoop out and roll into balls of dough and place on a non-stick or lined baking tray. Make sure there is plenty space between them as dough will spread out in the oven. Press them down lightly with your palm to flatten them out a little and bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies look puffed up and golden
- STEP 6Let the cookies cool on the pan for around 30 minutes as they will settle and sink into a dense, buttery cookie.
- STEP 7Best enjoyed warm (or place in an airtight container and eat within 3 days).