Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spicy Zuppa Toscana Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
This delicious soup tastes even better than Olive Gardens! Spicy, smooth and incredibly flavorful, this soup is a HUGE hit with my my husband, who hates soups! PERFECT for cool nights.
- 1 pound Spicy Breakfast Sausage
- 4 oz chorizo sausage
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
- 2 slices Bacon, Diced
- 3 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 3 whole Medium Potatoes
- 1 quart prepared Chicken broth
- 2 cups Kale, Roughly Chopped
- ÃÂÃÂ½ cups Heavy Cream
- Salt And white Pepper, to taste
- STEP 1Crumble sausage and chorizo into a Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat until cooked through. Drain and set the sausage aside.
- STEP 2Chop onions and dice bacon; add to the Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium and cook until onions are clear. Add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 3Slice potatoes in half lengthwise and cut into 1/4ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ³ slices. Add warm water, bouillon cubes and potatoes to the Dutch oven and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until potatoes are almost done.
- STEP 4Add remaining ingredients as well as the sausage and simmer for 5 to 10 more minutes. Let cool and serve with warm garlic breadsticks.
- STEP 5This soup in delish! Enjoy!