Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A basic, hearty, British casserole
- 500 grams Chicken Breast
- 50g Plain Flour
- 1 Tblsp Paprika
- A few dashes of Vegetable Oil
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 2 Onions
- 2 Leeks
- 1 Aubergine
- 4 Carrots
- STEP 1Pre-heat the oven to 150. Add vegetable oil to the casserole dish and put on a medium heat. Meanwhile, mix the flour and paprika together
- STEP 2Cube the chicken and add dust the cubes with the flour and paprika mix
- STEP 3Add the chicken to the casserole dish and cook evenly until golden
- STEP 4Add the chicken stock and diced vegetables to the casserole dish
- STEP 5Put the casserole dish in the oven for 1.5 hours. Meanwhile, prepare the dumplings as per the packet instructions
- STEP 6Add the dumplings to the casserole, leaving them only half submerged. Put the dish back in the oven for 0.5 hours.
- STEP 7Remove the casserole from the oven and serve.