Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Japanese Style Burger
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 4
To make the most of the summer season I'm going to post a few summer barbeque recipes over the next month or so. Let me know if you would like me to post any of your favourite recipes.
- 4 xsteak mince burger (preferably from your local butcher)
- 4 x bun burgers
- 1 large tomato (cut into thick slices)
- Fresh salad leaves
- Homemade tonkatsu sauce
- 4 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp sake or red wine
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- STEP 1Put all the ingredients for the homemade tonkatsu sauce in a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce thickens to the same consistency as tomato ketchup and then set aside to cool.
- STEP 2Cook the burgers to your liking on a BBQ, frying pan, grill or oven.
- STEP 3Place the burger on the bun and dress with a little tonkatsu sauce, sliced tomato and salad leave