Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Simple Strawberry Cheesecake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- 1 hour for base to set, and overnight for the filling to fully set
- Serves 6
Strawberry cheesecake which is quick and easy to make.
For the base
- 250grams Digestive biscuits
- 100g of melted butter
- 600g of soft cheese
- 284ml pot of double cream
- 100g icing sugar
- 1 tin of strawberries in juice
- Icing sugar
- 100g strawberries
- STEP 1Put the digestive biscuits into a sandwich bag and hit with a rolling pin until you get crumbs.
- STEP 2Melt the 100g of butter and add this to the breadcrumbs
- STEP 3Place the butter and crumb mix into your tin and push down with the back of a spoon to compact the base.
- STEP 4Place this in the fridge for 1 hour to set
- STEP 5Put the soft cheese and icing sugar into a mixing bowl and mix until smooth
- STEP 6Add double cream gradually and continue to mix
- STEP 7Drain the juice from your tinned strawberries and place the strawberries into a bowl. Then using the back of a fork, mash these until they make a puree
- STEP 8Add the puree to the cheese, sugar and cream and continue to mix until this is fully mixed in
- STEP 9Spoon this mixture onto your base, ensuring to push down in order to eliminate any air bubbles.
- STEP 10Place this in the fridge overnight until set. When ready to serve, chop up some starberries to put on top and add a sprinkle of icing sugar