Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 12
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 450 g (16 oz) can black beans
- 1 450 g (16 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 225 g (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 283 g (10 oz) package frozen corn kernels
- 2 410 g (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes w/ chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning or home made taco seasoning
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 to 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- STEP 1Combine beans, onion, tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chili powder, and taco seasoning.
- STEP 2Place chicken on top and cover with a thin layer of the sauce and beans.
- STEP 3Cook on low for 8 hours.
- STEP 4About a half an hour before serving, remove chicken and shred in a separate bowl.
- STEP 5Place shredded chicken into the slow cooker and stir in to combine with beans etc.
- STEP 6Cover and place slow cooker on “warm” setting for 30 minutes to allow shredded chicken to soak in the chili flavor