Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Can be slow cooked for as long as you like
- Serves 2
Rich, slow-cooked Beef Goulash served with spaghetti
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Beef frying steak
- 400g mushrooms
- 1 jar of roasted red peppers in oil, drained and blitzed
- 2 beef stock cubes, crumbled
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 6 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Half a savoy cabbage
- Natural yoghurt
- STEP 1Spray some Fry Light in a frying pan and add the finely chooped onion, crushed garlic and frying steak until browned
- STEP 2Transfer to the slow cooker with the mushrooms, red peppers, stock cubes, tomato puree, paprika, caraway seeds, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Leave to slow cook for as long as you like, 2 hours minimum for the beef to become tender.
- STEP 35 minutes before serving add the freshly chopped parsley.
- STEP 4Serve with spaghetti, cabbage, carrot and a drizzle of natural yoghurt