Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Authentic Unleavened Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Makes Loaves
Real, authentic, home-made Unleavened Bread
- 1/3 cup oil (vegetable, canola, etc.)
- 3 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk
- 2 cups flour
- STEP 1Mix the oil and honey into a bowl.
- STEP 2Microwave water for 50 seconds or until hot and add to mix.
- STEP 3Add milk or almond milk and stir contents until blended together.
- STEP 4Add flour and stir until contents become dough.
- STEP 5Knead the dough while sprinkling conservative amounts of flour to avoid the dough from sticking to bowl or hands.
- STEP 6Sprinkle flour onto counter top and tear dough to desired size fashioning it into a circular loaf in the flour to avoid sticking.
- STEP 7Bake at 218C/425F for twelve to fourteen minutes. Bake the loaves for seven minutes on one side and five to seven on the other. When loaves begin to brown slightly they are done.