Baby fish pie
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 6
A simple and delicious recipe for Fish pie that your little one will love!
- 2 large potatoes, peeled chooped
- 4 fillets of fish of your choice, deboned
- 500ml full fat milk
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 celery sticks, diced
- 100g cheese, grated
- STEP 1Boil the potatoes in unsalted water for around 10mins
- STEP 2Poach the fish in milk adding a little butter to the liquid. When flaking away remove the fish and let it cool. Then check it for any stray bones, remove all skin. Add half the cheese to the warm milk and stir.
- STEP 3Fry the diced vegetables and place in an over proof dish.
- STEP 4When the potatoes are cooked mash with a little butter and the rest of the cheese.
- STEP 5Place the fish in the dish and spoon on the milk and cheese mixture. Add the rest of the butter in blobs around the content of the dish.
- STEP 6Cover the contents of the dish with the mashed potato and place in a hot oven for 15mins. Cool and serve (mash or puree for your baby).