Chicken and chorizo paella
Member recipe by michaelaproctor
A lovely paella that will make you dream of sunny Spain. Ready in 45 minutes, at around £2.50 a head, it won't break the bank either.
- 110g cured chorizo, sliced
- 1 large Spanish onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp hot paprika
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into large pieces
- A knob of butter
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 1 litre hot chicken stock
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- A handful of green beans, halved
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- Heat a large pan over a medium heat and dry-fry the chorizo, sliced, until it is golden and the oil is released. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the sweet smoked paprika and the hot paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a knob of butter in the pan and stir in the rice, then add 1 litre hot chicken stock, stir well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Return the chorizo, chicken and onion to the pan with the red pepper, green beans, and tomatoes. Season and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Stir a handful finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley into the paella and serve immediately.