- Preparation and cooking time
- 2 hours chilling
- Serves 6
Old School desert
- 575ml full-fat milk
- 1 sheet ready-rolled shortcrust pastrY
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons custard powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons desiccated coconuT
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar, divided
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200 C Line a 24cm round baking tin with pastry. Prick the base with a fork. Lay a sheet of baking parchment on top and top with baking beans. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove the beans and baking parchment and let cool.
- STEP 2Make the custard. Place milk, custard powder, 2 tablespoons sugar and vanilla extract into a pan, stir until smooth and gently heat until thick. Set aside to cool slightly.
- STEP 3Spread jam over pastry case and sprinkle with half the coconut. Pour in custard, sprinkle with coconut and remaining sugar. Chill until ready to serve.