Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Rice Pudding with Jaggery
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- More effort
- Serves 10
It is a very well known Indian dessert. Recipe pudding is generally sweetened with sugar, but during winter when jaggery is much available in the market, its used to get the color and the inherent flavor for this rice pudding
- 1 quart milk
- 1/4 cup scented rice
- 1/4 cup jaggery
- 3-4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon ghee (clarified butter)
- STEP 1Boil the milk in low flame till it reduces to half the volume. It would take about 40-45 mins. In the meantime mix the rice with ghee
- STEP 2Pour out a little milk in a bowl and add the jaggery. Press the jaggery with the back of a spoon, so that it dissolves in the milk
- STEP 3Add the rice to the milk, and let it boil over low flame till the rice is cooked.
- STEP 4Pour the jaggery mixed milk into the vessel and boil for 2-3 minutes more. Garnish with the crushed cloves. Serve hot or cold