- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Umbrian stewed pork, typically served in a trapizzino.
- 1kg Diced Pork Shoulder
- 200g Pork Heart
- 200g Pork Liver
- 200g Pork Belly
- 50g Ham
- 80ml Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 Tablespoon of Salt
- A dozen sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 Stems of Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon of Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of Chinese 5 spice (optional)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Handful of sage leaves chopped
- STEP 1Combine the oil, salt and chopped herbs in a bowl, and mix.
- STEP 2Prepare all the pieces of meat, stew, belly (if you prefer separate the rind from the belly before cutting it), heart and liver in small pieces of about 3 cm. Adding each to the mixing bowl.
- STEP 3Pour everything into the Slow Cooker pot, adding the spices. Cook on high for 4-6 hours. Serve inside a wedge of crusty bloomer (common as street food) or as a stew with gnocchi or potatoes.