Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Filipino beef soup.
- 500g Beef brisket. Diced.
- 1 bone marrow. (Optional)
- 2 litres water.
- 1 Knorr Beef stock cube.
- 1 Large onion. Quartered.
- 1 tsp Whole peppercorns.
- 2 tbsp Fish sauce
- 1 Cabbage. Cut into wedges.
- 2 Leeks. Cut into large slices.
- 200g Trimmed green beans.
- Salt to taste.
- STEP 1Fill a large pot with water and add the beef and bone marrow if using. Over a medium heat. Bring to the boil. Skimming the scum that floats to the top untill the broth is clear.
- STEP 2Add the stock cube, onion, peppercorns and fish sauce. Lower the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 1 to 1 and a half hours. Or until the the beef is tender. Keep an eye on the the water level. Add more if needed.
- STEP 3Once beef is tender, add the green beans. Cook for 5-7 minutes.
- STEP 4Add the leek and cabbage. Cook for a further 5 minutes until the vegetables are cooked. Season to taste.
- STEP 5Serve over a bowl of boiled rice.