- Preparation and cooking time
- marinating for two weeks
- Makes One bulb of pickled garlic
This light snack is wonderful as a side at lunch and on salads. It is tangy from the lemon and vinegar but also slightly sweet.
- A bulb of garlic
- Enough cider vinegar to cover the garlic
- A crack of pepper
- A pinch of salt
- A splash of lemon juice
- STEP 1Break away the garlic cloves from the bulb and peel.
- STEP 2Put the garlic cloves in a sterilised jar.
- STEP 3Cover with the vinegar, and add the salt and pepper and lemon juice and stir.
- STEP 4Put the jar in the fridge and leave to pickle for a fortnight.