Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
A traditional red, spicy Thai curry
- 6 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium onions, roughly diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 6 chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tsps Barts Thai red curry paste
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 400g can coconut milk
- Soy sauce, salt, pepper (to taste)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g rice
- STEP 1Heat the 1 tbsp of the oil in a large pan, add the carrots, onions and garlic and fry on a low heat. In a separate frying pan, fry the chicken with the other tbsp of oil until cooked through.
- STEP 2Add a tsp of curry paste each to the vegetables and chicken, fry for a minute then mix together.
- STEP 3Add the chopped tomatoes and cumin powder and stir. Next, add 1/2 the can of coconut milk and cook until thick.
- STEP 4Meanwhile rinse the rice and cook as per pack instructions.
- STEP 5Add soy sauce to taste, then add the rest of the coconut milk. Season to taste and add the lime juice. Serve with rice.