Lavender and Honey Loaf Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This fluffy lavender cake goes beautifully with lashings of warm honey and a cup of tea!
- 140g Self Raising Flour
- 140g Soft Butter
- 140g Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2tbsp Lavender Tea (plus extra for topping)
- 3tbsp Clear Runny Honey
- 3 Large Eggs
- STEP 1Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (temperature and timings may need adjusting for fan ovens) while you make the cake mixture. Line a 2lb loaf tin with a liner or grease proof paper.
- STEP 2Place the 2tbsp of lavender tea into a small bowl and add 2tbsp of hot water. Allow this is brew and cool whilst making the cake mixture.
- STEP 3In a large bowl, mix the butter (which should be slightly soft/at room temperature) with the caster sugar until it is fully combined. It will look smooth and pale. Add in one egg at a time, beating each into the mixture.
- STEP 4Sift in the flour and combine until the mixture becomes thick. Add the vanilla extract and brewed lavender. Once mixed together, empty the mixture into the loaf tin and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean).
- STEP 5Once baked, remove your cake from the oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Once cool, drizzle with the honey and sprinkle with the remaining lavender tea. Serve still slightly warm, with a nice cup of tea.