Chocolate orange brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes Approximately 12 brownies
Gooey and delicious with lots of flavour and easy to make!
- 200g butter
- 200g milk chocolate
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 4 large eggs
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- STEP 1Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees and line a tin with baking parchment.
- STEP 2Put the butter, chocolate, orange zest and orange juice in a non-stick saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring every now and then, until smooth. Leave to cool.
- STEP 3Whisk the eggs and sugar together with an electric whisk until the mixture is pale, has doubled in volume and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- STEP 4Gently stir into the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift over the flour and cocoa and fold into the mixture.
- STEP 5Pour into the lined tin and bake for 35-40 mins. Cool in the tin, then cut into squares. Enjoy!