Simple winter vegetable soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
No herbs just lush veg, potatoes and lentils which make a filling soup.
- 2 regular onions, coarsely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 celery sticks, cleaned and chopped
- 2 stock cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons red lentils
- 2 vegetable/chicken stock cubes
- STEP 1Saute all vegetables in a little oil and butter for 5 minutes - get your onions in first and just keep adding the veg as you prepare it.
- STEP 2When vegetable are softened, just add the stock cubes and lentils, just cover cook for 20 mins in pressure cooker on soup setting or 30-40 minutes on a low heat on the hob.