Parmesan Aubergine Stacks
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 2
A Cheesey, salty and elegant dish.
- 1 Whole Aubergine
- 30g Grated Parmesan
- Olive Oil
- 2 Whole Tomatoes
- 6 Basil Leaves
- 2 tsp Salt
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200C/fan
- STEP 2Slice the Aubergine into roughly 6mm slices
- STEP 3Add salt and oil to aubergine strips and bake for 10 minutes.
- STEP 4While that bakes; Chop tomatoes into Slices, thinner the better
- STEP 5Remove aubergine strips and flip. Add a generous heap of parmesan to each strip and bake for another 15 minutes.
- STEP 6Remove from Oven and place a layer of Aubergine on a plate, with two tomato slices on top and then a leaf of basil for each tomato, place another aubergine slice on top and repeat for each serving. A small tomato slice with basil leaf on top makes the dish more elegant.